- eruption of Mount Ciremai recorded since 1698 and the last time happened in 1937 with the interval of break time of 3 year old and longest 112 year.
- Three eruptions 1772, 1775 and 1805 occur in the central crater but do not cause significant damage.
- Sulfur vapor eruptions as well as a new fumarola eruption on the central crater wall occurred in 1917 and 1924.
- On June 24, 1937 – January 7, 1938 there was a phreatic eruption in the central crater and radial slit. The distribution of ash reaches an area of 52,500 square km (Kusumadinata, 1971).
- Until now Mount Ciremai has rested for 61 years and the time interval has not exceeded the longest break time. In 1947, 1955 and 1973 there was a tectonic earthquake that struck the southwestern region of G. Ciremai, allegedly linked to the southeast-northwest trending fault structure.
- The occurrence of an earthquake that destroyed a number of buildings in the area of Maja and Talaga west of Mount Ciremai in 1990 and year 2001. The vibration was felt to the village of Cilimus in the east of Mount Ciremai.
- A different phenomenon occurred in November-December 2003, increased volcanic and tectonic seismicity followed by changes in the temperature of hot springs at Sangkan Hurip, the average temperature of 47-48 ° C rose to 49.4 ° C. While the hot springs in Cilengkrang from 50 ° C to 55.5 ° C, and there is an indication of increased activity in the crater of Telaga with the emergence of a new solfatara field on the main crater lips.
|The rocks underlying the complex of Mount Ciremai are Tertiary sedimentary rocks, some of which can be found in the Ciremai Mountain complex at the north-western foot. Besides it also found some intrusion andesit like in the area of Maja, Kab.Majalengka, and in the north of Mount Ciremai complex, which is in the area of Mount Kromong.
The growth of volcanic activity around Gunung Ciremai was preceded by Gunung Putri activity and followed by Mt. Gegerhalang activity, then the activity of Mount Ciremai to date which is suspected to be still active and categorized as type A. volcano
In Gunung Putri activities produce porfiritik lava flow, while volcanic activity of Mount Gegerhalang produce lava flow and hot clouds and pyroclastic fall. After the volcanic activity Gegerhalang followed by the activities of Mount Ciremai which produces several lava flows as well as hot cloud deposits, and the fall of pyroclastics. It also produces secondary sediment in the form of lava deposits that spread in the eastern leg of Mount Ciremai. Besides that also found some side eruptions that produce lava flows andesit composed of such as Sukageri eruption, crop eruption, shoot eruption and erupsi Dulang…?